HEALTHCARE - AROGYA
CFCL’s initiatives in healthcare are designed for rural communities who have no or limited access to health and care. From interventions directed at eliminating diseases to providing primary care, Arogya initiatives are designed to create an entire healthcare ecosystem in the villages located around its fertilizer complex.
In addition, CFCL regularly organises campaigns to promote sanitation, public health, nutrition, prevent substance abuse, and increase awareness about diseases such as diabetes, cardiac ailments, etc.
The company has partnered School Health Annual Report Programme (SHARP), a nonprofit, to provide health facilities to rural communities especially school children and adolescent girls.
CFCL also supports the Mussorie-based Manorama Devi Birla Charitable Trust in its healthcare initiatives.
Aarogya: A healthy and disease-free community
- ~25000 rural residents benefitted
- Arogya interventions cover a wide spectrum, from providing medical care to increasing awareness about diseases
- 24X7 ambulance facility for emergency cases
- On-campus medical centre provides free medical care to communities around the plant
- CFCL also operates mobile medical vans in Mussourie, Uttarakhand
- Runs campaigns to promote sanitation, public health, nutrition, prevent substance abuse, etc.